Now, now, get your head out of the gutter.
I’m almost embarrassed to show you how quick and simple these little decorating ideas are, but that’s what I am about, quick and easy. There you go again, head in the gutter!
We don’t have a big Valentine’s Day party, so I don’t see any reason to spend a lot of time decorating the house. However, I enjoy having a little holiday decor around for our own personal pleasure. It just makes me happy!
Decorative Heart Tags
In the picture above, I just took patterned pieces of scrapbook paper and cut out hearts with a hole on one side. I used my Cricut, but truly, how hard is it to cut out a heart and punch a hole? Then I cut a piece of twine and threaded through the hole in the heart.
You can spruce up your table so many ways with these Valentine patterned hearts.
- String the heart and tie around your mug handles.
- Tie the twine in a bow and lay the heart on your plates.
- String the twine through the hole and tie a knot, then stick the heart in the middle of your napkin ring.
- Pull the string through the hole and tie around your pretty napkin. (Can even use a paper napkin).
I think you can handle these quick, but festive and pretty decorations, very easily!
Make your own hand-inked napkins. I promise, you can do this. Buy plain white or off white muslin. It’s very cheap so go ahead and get a couple yards. I’m sure you’ll want to use it to make another set. Measure and cut accurately, or you can do it my way. Decide about how wide you want the napkins, make a little snip, grab and rip! I love the sound of ripping fabric. Then snip and rip the size you want and use it to measure, snip and rip the rest. Lay napkin out and using a rubber stamp and a permanent fabric ink pad, STAMP and BOOM! Pretty napkins!
There are lots ways you can display your napkins on your table.
- Lie napkin on top of napkin ring, then push fabric down in the middle of the ring. Wiggle fabric around until you are happy with the fluffy arrangement.
- Roll napkin lengthwise towards the middle and slide napkin ring to the middle.
- Fold napkin over and tie twine in a bow around the middle. (bottom right, first collage)
Your hand-inked napkins will make your table look very impressive.
Nothing sets a better mood than lighting and the easiest of all decorations, unless you are putting them on a tree, are string lights. I bought the red set 75% off after Christmas. Nice! And the white lights, well, if you read my blogs, you may remember that I put them up at Christmas and have just enjoyed them so much, I haven’t taken them down. I don’t feel like it has to be a holiday to have mood lighting! Am I wrong?
A Few Extra Touches
Happy Valentine’s Day
I hope this post has given you some quick and easy inspiration for your Valentine’s decor (and maybe a few hints for your Valentine as well). Lol.
Happy Valentine’s Day, Happy Everyday!
Sign up for crazy, fun, quick & easy perfectly imperfect projects, tips to make your life simpler & hints to loving a perfectly, imperfect life.